Ninth boy emerges from Thai cave on final day of rescue

Ajustar Comentario Impresión

However, it was not clear if the 25-year-old coach was among them or if he remained inside.

Scott and co-producer Adam Smith have reportedly been conducting interviews around the rescue site, where more than 1,000 Thai personnel have been joined by dozens of global specialists for the operation.

Thailand's Navy SEAL commander says oxygen levels inside have dropped.

They spent nine harrowing days trapped in darkness until two British divers found them.

Such an incredible feeling to finally be able to confirm that 12 boys, coach from Thailand's Wild Boar Academy football team have safely come out of #ThamLuang cave complex after being trapped inside for 17 days.

"All 12 "Wild Boars" and coach have been extracted from the cave", the post said, using the name of the boys' now-infamous football team.

Narongsak Osatanakorn, the Thai official leading rescue operations, on Tuesday echoed expert comment on Musk's proposed technology.

Tuesday's operation began just after 10 a.m.

Public health officials said at a press conference from the hospital that the first four rescued boys had low temperatures. "Everyone is in high spirits and is happy to get out.

It was 11 hours on the first day, and 9 hours on the second day", the former Chiang Rai governor said.

Onlookers in Chiang Rai, Thailand, watch and cheer as ambulances transport some of the rescued schoolboys from a cave where they were trapped for two weeks. "All of them are now healthy, experience no fever and report good mental health", he said, adding that the boys have no issues with their vision. They planned to extract all of the last five players and coach in the cave, he said.

A rescue operation was launched on Sunday when four of the boys were brought out, tethered to rescue divers.

Family members have seen at least some of the boys from behind a glass isolation barrier, and Jedsada said doctors may let the boys walk around their beds on Tuesday.

The boys had a good appetite but were mainly being given bland, easily digestible foods.

Heavy rain has struck the region intermittently over the last three days and further downpours could set back draining efforts at the cave.

The challenging mission involved each of the boys wearing a full dive mask as a diver leads the way carrying their oxygen tank while being guided by a rope. But they also warned heavy rain could hamper their efforts.

The last part of the complex operation, which has gripped Thailand and dominated global headlines, could put an end to the 18-day saga that started when the team entered the cave on June 23.

Four more boys were brought out Monday from the flooded cave in Chiang Rai after four others were rescued on Sunday.

So far it has been successful, as three boys have now emerged with the help of divers.

Musk said on Twitter: "Just returned from Cave 3".

He posted video of divers escorting the pod during testing in a Los Angeles swimming pool.

But while divers risk their lives to get the team out, two Hollywood producers are beginning a project telling the boys's story.

They joined those who were rescued on Sunday and all were place in isolated medical care while doctors tested them for any potentially lethal infections that they might have picked up during their ordeal in the damp cave.