He is required to show up in court once a week while his passport has been confiscated. Andreu gave permission for a third suspect to be held for a further 72 hours, and told a fourth that he was being released without charge.
A memorial Mass for victims of last week's attacks was held on Sunday in the Sagrada Familia. Two of them, Mohamed Houli Chemlal, 21, and Driss Oukabir, 27, were remanded in custody and charged with terror-related offences.
A few days before the attacks, several members of the suspected terror gang were spotted in France, according to the French police.
Sources from the independent bloc, which has an absolute majority in the Barcelona parliament, said the attacks won't change their October 1 goal.
In a separate attack eight hours later, a vehicle rammed into people in a seaside resort in Cambrils, wounding six people.
Ripoll cybercafe owner Sahl El Karib told the judge he was only trying to make a profit when he bought at least two plane tickets for two alleged members of the cell. El Karib, however, will not be allowed to leave the country and will have to appear before the court once a week.
According to Belgian minister of justice Koen Geens there was "informal" and non-registered contact between the Belgian authorities and their Spanish colleagues, which probably happened between two police officers who knew each other. One is a cousin of two members of the cell, and another is a salesman of butane gas who worked in Spain.
The official is not authorized to speak about ongoing cases under court rules and requested anonymity. According to officials, the court was not presented with any evidence suggesting terrorist links.
He said a day earlier an Audi used by the attackers in the Spanish town of Cambrils had been flagged for speeding outside Paris, but did not specify when.
The imam of Madrid's main mosque has condemned the deadly attacks last week in and near Barcelona.
The investigation has been continuing in earnest in Spain, where two police raids took place late on Tuesday night. The person spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the hearing.
One of the four surviving suspects worked in the Ripoll cafe.
Five others were shot dead by police during the vehicle and knife attack in Cambrils.
Salh El Karib, a 34-year-old Moroccan, is the second of four suspects to have been granted conditional release. Mr. Abouyaaqoub then stabbed a man to death during his getaway.
The Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia identifies the man as Muhammad Yasin Ahram Pérez, a 22-year-old son of a Spanish woman and Moroccan father.
Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has dismissed criticism of the coordination between Spanish national authorities and those in the widely self-governed Catalonia region before, during and after the attacks that killed 15 people last week.
Both suspects were arrested on Sunday.
He is believed to have driven the van which ploughed into pedestrians in a central thoroughfare of Barcelona, leaving 13 people dead and more than 120 injured.
Standing next to Spain's visiting interior minister, Gerard Collomb said Wednesday "we are working to determine why the authors of the attacks came to Paris and what they did in the Paris region".