Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said the twin terrorist attacks that hit Tehran Wednesday would not stop the nation from moving forward "united and with a firm determination".
On Wednesday morning, terrorists launched simultaneous attacks on Iran's parliament building in downtown Tehran and on the mausoleum of the late founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini.
On Friday, the ministry said 41 suspects had been arrested around the country in connection with the attacks.
The statement indicates only five people carried out the attacks, rather than six as originally reported.
According to a statement released Thursday by the Interior Ministry, the dual attacks involving five gunmen armed with rifles and pistols started around 10:30 a.m. local time.
Two separate attacks shook Tehran on June 7.
The attackers targeted two significant locations in a city largely constructed on a grid of socio-historical memory, the Iranian Parliament and the mausoleum of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards Corps blamed the assault on regional rival Saudi Arabia and has threatened revenge.
Saturday's reported arrests in Iran followed a call by US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for "no further escalation" in the region's parallel crisis, centered on Qatar. The information added that in the raids were also confiscated "many documents and weapons" that were in the hands of the individuals to whom the authorities linked them with "Wahhabi cells", referring to the predominant Sunni Islamic conservative doctrine in Saudi Arabia.
The ministry added that the group returned to Iran previous year trying to commit acts of terrorism in the holy cities of the country but they failed to do so since the security forces inflicted damage on their network while killing its ringleader named Abu Aisha.