PRODUCTION on the latest USA season of a Bachelor spinoff reality show has suddenly halted, with cast and crew sent packing after allegations of "misconduct".
Production on ABC's Bachelor in Paradise, which had been shooting in Mexico, has been suspended after allegations of misconduct have been raised. "Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action", the statement reads.
People Magazine has two sources who say DeMario was filming a scene with a female contestant - Corinne Olympios, according to TMZ - when the sexual assault took place.
"The cast is basically in the dark about what happened and they are not being told anything", a source told Us Weekly. "DeMario and Corinne got sent home soon after".
"[Corinne] was out of it", a source told Entertainment Tonight. A producer who witnessed the incident, Kaufman said, did not come to work the day after the alleged misconduct, then filed a third-party complaint about it. "We're pissed that this whole thing happened", the contestant told People.com.
The contestant said that filming stopped as they waited to find out what would happen, and producers eventually broke the news, with one of them implying that production probably wouldn't resume. "They're moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done, a clear, concise decision can be made about where we go from here", he said in a statement. Warner Bros. has since confirmed to BuzzFeed News that it had indeed halted production following the allegation, leaving "Bachelor In Paradise" Season 4, which is slated for an August 8 debut, up in the air. "So, I'm angry at the show, and everyone else is too".
However, notoriously accurate "Bachelor" blogger Reality Steve and Amy Kaufman, a film writer for the Los Angeles Times who is also working on a book about "The Bachelor", both characterized the show on social media as being "cancelled".
Most of the cast, sans Jackson and Olympios, were pictured flying home Sunday.