The hunt is still on for suspects in the Manchester bombing, and members of attacker Salman Abedi's network may still be at large, Britain's interior minister said Sunday.
Almost 23,000 terror suspects may be at large across Britain, the country's intelligence community say after the deadly Manchester attack by a Libyan-origin man who was on the radar of the UK's spy agencies.
Police believe he assembled his deadly bomb in a rented Airbnb flat in a mansion block on Granby Row in the city centre, near Canal Street.
Abedi, a 22-year-old Briton of Libyan descent, died in Monday's explosion, which killed 22 others and wounded almost 120 as crowds were leaving a concert.
They added that additional officers, including armed officers, will be on patrol especially at a number of events on the weekend to ensure the security and safety of everyone.They also made an appeal to the public for information about the bomber's movements since 18 May, when he returned to the United Kingdom from Libya.
"As it stands, 14 people in total have been arrested in connection with the investigation, of which two people have since been released without charge".
The move to scale back the threat level from critical to severe was announced by Prime Minister Theresa May who said there were now 11 suspects in custody over Monday night's bombing targeting young fans at a pop concert.
The terror threat level now indicates that an attack remains highly likely rather than imminent.
British counter-terror chief Mark Rowley said Friday that police had captured "a large part of the network" linked to the bombing. The troops will gradually be withdrawn beginning Monday, she said.
Police disclosed new details about Abedi's' movements, saying he returned to Britain four days before the attack.
"There will be more arrests and there will be more searches", he said. His father has said Abedi was in Libya until earlier this month and had told the family he planned to go to Saudi Arabia on a pilgrimage.
Security remained high at major events across Britain on Sunday, including the Great Manchester Run road race, where police armed with submachine guns protected participants and spectators.
Officers investigating the Manchester Arena attack are also searching an address in Moss Side, the force said. Photos showed an army bomb-disposal unit at the property.
"The intelligence services are still collecting information about him but I wouldn't rush to conclusions, as you seem to be, that they have somehow missed something", Ms Rudd said.
Armed police were on patrol as the country enjoyed a long holiday weekend with security boosted at Saturday's FA Cup final at London's Wembley Stadium, where Arsenal beat Chelsea.