Man objects to youth peeing on road, beaten to death

Ajustar Comentario Impresión

According to the Delhi Police, Ravindra Kumar raised objections against the men urinating outside Gate number 4 of the GTB Nagar Metro station and asked them to use the Sulabh Shauchalaya (Sulabh toilet), which was barely five metres away. Earlier in the day, at about 1.30pm, Ravinder had parked his vehicle near the spot and was waiting for a couple of his friends for lunch, when he noticed two young men urinating against the wall of a public toilet. "Sad that an e-rickshaw driver was beaten to death for stopping 2 people from urinating in public in Delhi".

"14-15 men came together and started beating the man".

The duo told Ravinder that they would get back at him later, and left the place in another e-rickshaw.

Kumar lived in Mukherjee Nagar area, police said.

"Within a span of three minutes, the angry youngsters carrying pieces of bricks wrapped in a white cloth (gamcha) started attacking Ravinder". "The two men were already drunk when they came to the shop to buy alcohol".

His family then rushed him to Hindu Rao Hospital, where doctors pronounced him brought dead. "Coincidentally, I was at the stand in the evening too when the two men again arrived there, this time with 20-25 odd men accompanying them", he added. "Preliminary investigation revealed that the accused are Delhi University students, but we are yet to determine which college they study in".

Further commenting on the matter, a police official said that the two accused have been captured in the CCTV footages of the liquor shop and of the North Campus of Delhi University. The reason? He had reportedly stopped two of the students from urinating in the open.

As per media reports, Ravinder somehow managed to call his brother who took him to home. It has been learnt that they belong to Haryana and have been staying in Burari. His wife is seven months' pregnant. "Ravinder was fed up of this and told them that their habit led to bad smell and poor hygiene in the area", said the DCP.

The police have registered a case of murder.